Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I AM NOT THE WITNESS!!!

There was an incident last weekend near Golden where a CHP officer intentionally RAMMED a motorcyclist as observed by several witnesses.

Colorado riders probably need to be aware of this incident and take an active role in seeing that justice is served.

Whether the biker was guilty of more than canyon racing / evading is unclear at this point.

I am not the witness. I have edited (for clarity, obscenities..) the witnesses account, originally posted on another forum.

>I was riding my Super Moto up the canyon from Morison to Evergreen. Got hemmed up behind a group of three riders: a V-max, a red Honda CBR, a Triumph 800 DS. Those three turned out to be buddies riding together. There were cops all over the canyon.

The [CHP officer] that rammed the dude ... was wrapping up a ticket to a Harley rider and his trike buddy on a long curve off on the south side shoulder on a right hand bend. All four of us were cruising rather slow maybe 35MPH,

About 3 miles past [this traffic stop] we were approaching Grapevine road in the small town of IdleDale when out of nowhere I hear sirens. I think WTF I wasn't speeding so I and the last of the three riders in front of me back off the throttle from 35 start pulling towards the edge of the road which had a nasty dirt drop off.

I looked back to see a [CHP] in the opposite lane maybe 30' behind me and a crotch rocket on the brakes pretty hard (he obviously was slowing down from a pretty fast pace). The [CHP] is next to the bike and forcing him off the road in a nasty dirt section. All of a sudden he swerved his vehicle into the ass end of the guy's bike. I'm in [utter] disbelief of what I just witnessed.

I'm at a stop as well as red CBR guy [An]Drew. [As he is struck the biker] hi sides then flips upside down and lays motionless on the side of the road as this cop gets out pulls his taser and yells "Quit running." I F'ing lost it and yelled at the [ ] cop "What the F#%ck are you doing" he replies "He was running". He then knees this dudes back, cuffs him face down in the dirt then rolls him over and says he will call the ambulance. The guy may be paralyzed and he pulls that **** to boot. [deleted]

What I assume happened before [what I observed] is.....rider cooks the corner said [deleted] trooper is writing the ticket at. [ ] fresh out of cadet school and pissed off at being roached by rockets all day takes pursuit. [Rider] just kept going till he caught up to us ( the first straight away anyone would have even had a chance to realize a cop was on them) hears the siren the same time we did starts to slow down and pull off in a safe place to have this [deleted] ram the rear of his bike and crash him out and almost send him into me!!!

Both of us are in shock and stop up in Evergreen with Honda guys buddies and talk for over an hour about what we just witnessed. We decide to call CHP file a report. I got a message about an hour latter (saved) dude says "We're not taking your report the tape clearly shows the guy tried to shoot the gap between me and the closing cop car". Bull**** that guys motor never increased in tone nor did his speed increase it was decreasing the entire time I watched him, once he realized that [CHP officer] was on him.

How would you like that, you go out to carve some canyons --speed as we all do. To have your bike clipped by a cop and destroyed, god knows the injuries this guy sustained. And I promise you they threw every ticket they could at him! Felony eluding ( bull **** I witnessed him pulling over for that cop) he could have smoked by us and dusted that *******! I will find [injured rider] and would LOVE to see the dash cam! Sorry for the rant but this has hit a nerve with me.

If you want to see the original comments google:

Pitman crotch rocket bear creek grapevine road

Again I am NOT the witness!

The refusal of the CHP to take these riders report is the part that is most troubling to me. A journalist needs to get involved if CHP thinks they can whitewash this incident by not taking reports.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got an update on this, Jefferson County's going to do the investigation of the incident, standard practice for law enforcement agencies not to investigate themselves. Let's hope this comes to a good and JUST conclusion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts