Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have eyes on a website that sells collapsible large predator resistant shelters

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
A large predator could enter the family home if it wanted to.
When cows want air conditioning in the barn, they will knock a wall down. 6 inches of concrete is about the only barrier that works.
I think that is either a Dutch or French flag. Is that a clue?

UK

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
It would be nice if the OP came back to clarify. I had visions of a guy riding on a mountain highway, caused to stop by fog, pitching his predator proof tent to sleep for the night. During the night there is rustling noises outside. Could be a bear, or an elk, maybe a raccoon. I have BTDT and wondered how easy it would be for a large animal to shred my tent.
Time, places and dates on request. Bike details too.

UK

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Had a skunk come up to the tent one night. A skunk don't have to spray anything for you to know it's a skunk. It scratched around on the nylon a little bit, I "gently" tapped it with my boot a couple times, from inside the tent, and it moved on.

I was told by an old timer if you grab a skunk by the tail, and keep his hind legs off the ground, it can't spray you. A couple times I was tempted to see if it was true, but I always chickened out.

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
That might be true about feet off the ground but the skunk
smells because he has sprayed recently and if you grab the
tail you grab some of that oder which then stays with you.

But he may have set you up to get sprayed too. So on that
count I think you were wise not to test his information. As
you found out, they'll move along if unmolested.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I got some of that stink on a pair of blue jeans years ago. I was sent home to change because it was so bad.

I went home, showered, changed clothes and threw the stinky clothes on the cement floor in the garage. Didn't want to mix them with other laundry cause I thought I may have to burn them.

That afternoon when I went to get them, there was barely any odor! Washed and dryed them and they were fine. Now I didn't get sprayed on directly, I walked through some brush that was sprayed when the foreman on the ranch I was working at, shot the skunk because he thought it was rabid.

(He shot it, but I was low man on the totem pole so I had to bury it.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts