Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some cold weather pants. I've had a snowmobile bib set that I've worn before, but was trying to look for something less shiney. I don't want leather, but rather something that won't melt if it touches an exhaust. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I've got a pair of britches I call my Nebraska pants. Bought them in Scotts Bluff, Nebraska when I was working in Wyoming one winter. (Scotts Bluff had the nearest Wal-Mart.)

Anyhow they look like regular blue jeans but they have a flannel lining in them. I don't know how low the temperature has got to get before they're not much good, because I don't ride much if it ain't 50 or above.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
I was thinking that just about everything other than leather will burn on the pipes. I have leather pants that work, but require rain pants for the rain. Otherwise I wear sailing gear, waste high, and bib pants. Ski pants are warm, but not water proof. Oiled cotton would be good. I have a jacket. Have not seen those kind of pants for a while. Belstaff and Barbour were the original manufacturers. Not cheap these days. The tack shops and some outdoorsy places have jackets. My jacket cost $100 in NZ. A Barbour jacket is about $700 I have been told. Sailing bib pants are about $100. Some name brands are more. I think my leather pants were about $100. They are better than chaps IMO. Just thunked. A leather patch could be sewn on to the area that touches the pipes.

UK

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinking that just about everything other than leather will burn on the pipes. I have leather pants that work, but require rain pants for the rain. Otherwise I wear sailing gear, waste high, and bib pants. Ski pants are warm, but not water proof. Oiled cotton would be good. I have a jacket. Have not seen those kind of pants for a while. Belstaff and Barbour were the original manufacturers. Not cheap these days. The tack shops and some outdoorsy places have jackets. My jacket cost $100 in NZ. A Barbour jacket is about $700 I have been told. Sailing bib pants are about $100. Some name brands are more. I think my leather pants were about $100. They are better than chaps IMO. Just thunked. A leather patch could be sewn on to the area that touches the pipes.

UK
Well for my understanding you need winter pants? Well i used alpinestars ast 1 waterproof pants. It was really cheap arround 90 euro's and really happy with it. It kept me warm and dry no problem after 2,3 hours riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts