Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just got my first bike and I have done some work on it to get it running. The only problem is that it is super cold blooded and I cant seem to get it to start after it has been sitting for a day or so. I can press on the ignition button and have the choke pulled, with it in neutral and the kick stand up and all it does it want to turn over but doesn't want to start up. If anyone would have any recommendations of how to get it running going again, I would be very appreciative!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,531 Posts
Cold

Please define cold, and where do you live.
My 83 XS400 Yamaha, which is similar to your bike, requires full choke and no throttle, to fire when it is 32 F. A bit warmer and it starts easier, a bit colder and it sputter splutters for a while.
Everything has to be in good order, to fire when it is freezing, with older bikes.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Hello everyone!

I just got my first bike and I have done some work on it to get it running. The only problem is that it is super cold blooded and I cant seem to get it to start after it has been sitting for a day or so. I can press on the ignition button and have the choke pulled, with it in neutral and the kick stand up and all it does it want to turn over but doesn't want to start up. If anyone would have any recommendations of how to get it running going again, I would be very appreciative!

Thanks!
Are you giving it any throttle? My ZX9R was like that until I realized that I was inadvertently giving it a little gas. The second I stopped doing that, it fired right up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my cb400 and it also starts hard sometimes (at about 65 degree) but once everytime after that is good to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts