1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
8,572 Posts
That's me all right:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Well that WAS me before I retired. But I had a two sizes larger set of coveralls I wore. And yes it got dang hot in the summer in traffic. Not so bad once moving. If I had ever gone down I would have been mince meat. Way too hot for leathers so I took the chance. Wore my helmet though.:D

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
This has to be the ultimate definition of a poseur. One who groups him or her self in a particular social clique in order to appear trendy or "edgy" but doesn't believe in the principles held by said clique and is only leeching onto it in order to avoid the social ridicule of not being part of a clique. Are they bikers? In their insecure mind probably so..

·
Registered
886 Posts
Whatever floats your boat, me, I prefer jeans and t-shirt. The idea of showing up in a suit with bug splat all over it doesn't sound very stylish.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
This has to be the ultimate definition of a poseur. One who groups him or her self in a particular social clique in order to appear trendy or "edgy" but doesn't believe in the principles held by said clique and is only leeching onto it in order to avoid the social ridicule of not being part of a clique. Are they bikers? In their insecure mind probably so..
:71baldboy:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
:71baldboy:
One for each!
:71baldboy::71baldboy:

Must have been a real slow news day.

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I don't think a monkey suit and motorcycle really mix. I don't think that expensive suit is going to look too good covered in splattered bug guts.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
There's a way around that but you wouldn't like that either. But bugs don't have to go splat. Did it for 10 years or more.

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
There's a way around that but you wouldn't like that either. But bugs don't have to go splat. Did it for 10 years or more.
Now I'm curious.

Not that it really matters. You could not pay me to wear a monkey suit. People have tried.

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
WOW! My dad was a trend setter...He had to wear a suit for work, but wouldn't leave the bike at home if it was a nice day. 'Course on his own time it was jeans and a t-shirt/jacket.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Poseurs? Maybe.

I ride to work whenever I can. Sometimes I need to wear a suit when meeting clients, sometimes I can wear jeans. I don't give a f*** what someone thinks I look like.

And I pass a few big places that provide motorcycle parking and there are plenty of suits/almost suits getting on/off their rides. You wear what you have to and get there the way you want to.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
I own that $2500 leather jacket with the red stripe, or one indistinguishable from it. Paid $25 for it

Poseuring.....on a budget!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts