Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. The clutch is out on my bike, its a Yamaha XS7502D.
I have still yet to open the case and check out the extent of it. What are the must knows about fixing the clutch and does any one have any pictures of the inside of the clutch case

·
Registered
434 Posts
Can't help you on that model. I've changed a few clutches and never do it without the manual. I would pick one up befor opening the case as you never know what goodies you might find.
Have fun

·
Registered
491 Posts
Have a camera on hand, take pictures of every thing that comes out, to remember the order.

Also get some of those wire wraps with a piece of paper on the end(You can snatch some form the bulk section of the grocery store.) Wrap them around every washer and label the order they came out. Also keep your clutch plate stack intact and in the exact order. If you separate the plates to measure them. Put them in the same order. Do not remove the bearing unless you plan on replacing it, correctly installing a bearing is hard with out the right tool. Also if you do install a new bearing use anti seize.

Just take it slow, work on a clean bench, and record everything that come out so it goes in the same order. Clutch jobs are easy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive managed to find the manual online, but the pictures just suck. with a little inspecting i think it might be a spring. because the cable is intact and the arm the cable is attached to doesnt look broke. but whats going on is its not returning or the cable doesnt have tension on it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I looked on line and probably saw the same pictures you did. Like looking for a black dog in the forest at night.
Now that you have it apart, have someone work the clutch handle while you look in the tranny and see what is going on there. Work the mechanism by hand and you should be able to see what is going on there.
Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Xs 750

Long story short. The clutch is out on my bike, its a Yamaha XS7502D.
I have still yet to open the case and check out the extent of it. What are the must knows about fixing the clutch and does any one have any pictures of the inside of the clutch case
hi there
you might want to try other forums:

there you will find all the answers about XS 750 /850
if you don't find it there then please contact me.

Schlumpf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts