Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cast aluminum wheels on my bike always look dirty. The aluminum is difficult to keep clean and shiny. The brake dust and road dirt seem to stick to the aluminum like glue.
Have any of you ever clear coated your wheels?
What product did you use?
How did it hold up over time?

·
Very Famous Person
10,002 Posts
--

I haven't used clear coat on wheels, but have had it on stainless parts. It always ends up yellowing some and peeling off. Better to polish well, maybe. That's what I did on my forks. Took a lot of work for sure.

I use a toilet bowl cleaner type brush with dish soap water for my spokes as it gets in the tight spaces to clean. Then hose off and dry.

--

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Are you sure your wheels are not already clear-coated? The aluminum wheels on my '98 Honda are.
In any case, once you get them clean, try polishing with a good quality wax. It may not keep them clean, but cleaning should be easier.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I also have a 98 Honda I have spent a bit of time cleaning them while it takes a bit of work but they should clean up then I like rejex thisis a polish that is easy to apply and the break dust doesn't seem to stick to it so the wheels hose off easily. I have used it on my boat for years the diesel exhaust hoses off easy as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts