Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
That does work, but I like the ease of putting a coat of Rejex on after I clean it once. That way the bugs don't stick and just wipe off without soaking them. Safe for all finishes I have used it on. Works great on the windshield of the car too, don't even have to use the wipers in the rain. Lasts for a month or two easily.

Bugs SUCK!

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
After the layer of grime and bug guts gets thick enough, it falls off on it's own.

:icon_cool:

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
That does work, but I like the ease of putting a coat of Rejex on after I clean it once. That way the bugs don't stick and just wipe off without soaking them. Safe for all finishes I have used it on. Works great on the windshield of the car too, don't even have to use the wipers in the rain. Lasts for a month or two easily.

Bugs SUCK!
So that's why they are hard to get off.:p

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
I'm an advocate for Windex and paper towels, myself.

Just to show you how "old" my wife and I are.......we used "cloth diapers" on our babies!! (But they didn't have multi-colored trim on em, like the one YOU used!!)

-Soupy

·
Registered
228 Posts

Just to show you how "old" my wife and I are.......we used "cloth diapers" on our babies!! (But they didn't have multi-colored trim on em, like the one YOU used!!)

-Soupy
Same here Soupy, then after the girls stop wearing them we used them for dish rags. :71baldboy:

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts

-Soupy
Oh yes. Cleaning them out in the toilet 4 times a day. And without plastic gloves or immediately rubbing anti-bacteria junk on your hands. And we lived through it somehow. Amazing!:p

·
Super Moderator
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The colored trim transforms them into "burp rags".

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
The colored trim transforms them into "burp rags".
As others have already said, we too used the diapers for a plethora of things, after they were no longer needed as diapers.

My wife and I are amazed at the amount of money our kids are putting out, to keep well stocked in plastic diapers!!!!!!!!!!

-Soupy

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
USUALLY works... I had a few bugs once that wouldn't soak off for anything. I even removed the windshield and soaked it submerged in the bathtub for a day -n- a half, still wouldn't come off. I began to wonder if they permanently embedded themselves in the plastic lol.
I eventually tried simple green and they finally came off after being there for two seasons. I don't know what kind of bugs they were, but they sure didn't dissolve in water like most do.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Simple green works for me to, and not just for windshields.

With cloth diapers there wasn't near as much "checking" to see if they needed changed. It was pretty easy to spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts