Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
That was my first dirt bike back in the 70's a 305 Dream. I took a hacksaw and cut down the fenders and remove anything that wasn't needed, as a kid i thought it was Cool LOL.I do remember the left side sparkplug would blow out and touch my leg getting shocked, steel wool would only last a while before the plug would blow.

Registered
Yes, The 305 Honda Dream. I had a red one back in '64-'65 and my buddy had a black one. First bike and had lots of fun. The fastest we could get them to was about 90 mph. I had a couple accidents on it and still have a pin in my right knee from one of them. My Dad sold it in '67 when I went to Viet Nam. Now I have '12 Suzuki Boulevard and still riding at 78. Life is a blessing.

Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
This particular CA77 wasn't sold new in the U.S.A.~ many were brought back by returning service members .

The leading link front suspension was okay when new but all the shocks were damped for cruising and the fronts typically went south pretty quickly .

I too had these in both displacements and the smaller and lighter 125, 150 and 160 "Benly" (means 'convenient') versions .

All were stout bikes and apart from the average American's refusal to change the oil and clean out the centrifugal oil filter, they took amazing abuse and kept on going .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This particular CA77 wasn't sold new in the U.S.A.~ many were brought back by returning service members .

The leading link front suspension was okay when new but all the shocks were damped for cruising and the fronts typically went south pretty quickly .

I too had these in both displacements and the smaller and lighter 125, 150 and 160 "Benly" (means 'convenient') versions .

All were stout bikes and apart from the average American's refusal to change the oil and clean out the centrifugal oil filter, they took amazing abuse and kept on going .

Amazingly, Steve has had this bike for over 40 years.
I love the quirkiness of it (square rear shocks for example). It's also handy having a friend who potters around at the same speed as I do. My 71 year old can't keep up with modern flying machines 馃槃

Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
When I was 18 and only weighed 160# I discovered that front fender lifted the front wheel off the ground and forced me into the next lane the -ONE- time I gave it all going down hill on the then new 134 Freeway .

Whew .

On The Road Again!
My second bike was EXACTLY like that one, right down to the whitewall tires.
Good luck getting a new set of those!
Mine was a '67 Honda 305 Dream.

• Love
Reactions: -Nate

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My second bike was EXACTLY like that one, right down to the whitewall tires.
Good luck getting a new set of those!
Mine was a '67 Honda 305 Dream.
I think those are fairly new. You can get them but they cost a pretty penny!
I once tried the white wall paint on my Armstrong Siddeley, with disastrous results 馃槂

Registered
View attachment 76653 1982 Honda nighthawk CB 650 sc New Rider !my first motorcycle and she's up and running! I'm truly excited about this!
You have a nice ride...... My bike tuner built your same bike for an AMA Championship race in 1983. It got the #1 qualifier over all the factory teams.
He still has the bike in his shop and still FAST.

Attachments

Premium Member
2009 BMW R1200RT-Patrol
You have a nice ride...... My bike tuner built your same bike for an AMA Championship race in 1983. It got the #1 qualifier over all the factory teams.
He still has the bike in his shop and still FAST.
There is a 650 that looks fast ... and beautiful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts