Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure what took me so long to get a HD. I can see this could be an issue for me. I'm hooked, but I have to remember I'll never get my money back out of it. I might need some counseling if this continues. :biggrin:

I'm adding a little shine and boy will she look fine....... :icon_cool:

My chrome primary trim cover and backrest should be in next week..... :71baldboy:

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody get me some sunglasses !!!!! Lots of extra shine on that, Nice ride !!!!! :71baldboy:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Not when you come from a 3 wheeler. Garage queens need to shine

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Chrome won't get you home.

You DO realize those things are designed to RIDE, right?

Are you sure ??????? It's a used 9 year old bike with only 2400+ miles on it. That's about average for HD owners. :coffeescreen:

I had almost 5k on my 2015 Slingshot and 30k on my 2008 Spyder. :icon_cool:

·
8,606 Posts
What is so nice, is a stock Harley is like an artist's canvas, waiting for the creative brushstroke of the new owner;)

Harley statistics show that the typical Harley purchaser, during the time they own their new bike, will spend between 40 to 50% of the cost of the bike on clothes and accessories, including shiny chrome stuff and high performance parts.

If and when you decide you want the BIG TWIN, try to sell it first to private parties because the Dealers will give you very little for the additional Farkles.

Lots of us put the bike back to somewhat stock and sell all of those expensive Farkles separately.

I have been there and done that Soooo many times:wink:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Are you sure ??????? It's a used 9 year old bike with only 2400+ miles on it. That's about average for HD owners. :coffeescreen:

I had almost 5k on my 2015 Slingshot and 30k on my 2008 Spyder. :icon_cool:
I'm very sure. :biggrin: Don't confuse the bike's design intent with the inability of some owners to live up to it what it was intended to do.

Okay, so you rode your trikes and semi-cars. Very good! Now what are you going to do with the actual motorcycle you bought? Ride it or polish it?

(Hint: Do both. You have a Harley now. Take pride in what you ride. But by all means RIDE.)

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
There is nothing you can put on a vehicle that doesn't look better chromed.

·
Hero of Legend
1,208 Posts
What is so nice, is a stock Harley is like an artist's canvas, waiting for the creative brushstroke of the new owner;)

Harley statistics show that the typical Harley purchaser, during the time they own their new bike, will spend between 40 to 50% of the cost of the bike on clothes and accessories, including shiny chrome stuff and high performance parts.

If and when you decide you want the BIG TWIN, try to sell it first to private parties because the Dealers will give you very little for the additional Farkles.
Some won't give you ANYTHING for them. They go by straight Bluebook value at stock ( and probably don't even offer full value, at that ). Which is b*llsh*t, if you have some $5K worth of extras...

Lots of us put the bike back to somewhat stock and sell all of those expensive Farkles separately.
Like I told my dad when I saw him over Christmas, if my Mustang ever gets totaled, I'll have at least the first wheel off, before the cop even shows up. Those are brand new tires. F**k you, officer. Those puppies are coming with ME!

And the same if I sell anything. Anything that can go to my next vehicle WILL go to my next vehicle.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
I just traded mine in and everything I put on it came off. Wasn't that much but I can get at least 50% selling the stuff used. It will amount to the difference you get low-balled at dealers. Although I did get high blue book on my trade. They just won't go over it for farkels. Couple of things I left cause they are more a pain than worth to remove.

·
8,606 Posts
KK, what's with your "F" stuff? Why express yourself like that?

There are others here I'm sure that wonder about you?

You don't impress people with filthy language--hundreds or thousand of people potentially visit this web site.

Even in your 'fantasy scenario,' you have shown your disrespect for Law Enforcement.:frown:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I was wondering why he'd choose to get bold with the cops over the tires anyway. It's not like they'd be telling him, "Hey, you can't have your own tires.":coffeescreen:

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I'm also going to be needing to buy very very small snap ring pliers to install this stuff !!!!!!:mad:

I thought I had a small enough set to get to work, but geeeeeeez, HD has microscopic snap rings.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
Now that you're getting into the chrome world, I recommend picking up a can of Nevr-Dull. I discovered it while in the US Navy. We used for all the brass. Works amazing on chrome. Check out this picture, like a mirror. You can even see the dirt on the handlebar that I hadn't done yet. Hell, you can see my nose hairs.

·
10,756 Posts
I have found that dead bugs are much easier to clean off of chrome. So add all the shine that you want, then ride the heck out of it.

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
I tend to OCD detail my bikes once in the spring. Then ride the heck out of them, with a few simple washes over the season, and a good wash before storage.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts