Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nightfly
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ride and have a wife or girlfriend, they should be aware of what motorcycle related gift specific to your brand you may like for Christmas. A friend told the story of his new girlfriend knowing he rode a Street Glide but having no idea what to buy her boyfriend....

She went to the local Harley dealer and talked to the salesman for over an hour and she ended up leaving with a Hog Blaster. A made up tool used for drying your Harley after washing it. Unfortunately the guy only rode in clear weather and all he did was touch up the bike when needed, he never really washed the bike. Unfortunately for the girl, her new boyfriend didn't have the sense to appreciate the gift, and ended up insulting her on Christmas day. Huge mistake.

Any similar stories from forum members?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Never had a problem like that, TR. My wife was always tuned in to what the bike or I needed. The biggest surprise I ever got for Christmas from her was a full set of custom made Bates Leathers. That was back in the 70s'. I've outgrown the leathers and my son who is now in his 50s', wears them. I have been mentioning that I need a new 'Born 2 Ride' leather jacket, so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
I will be picking up my new tool chest tomorrow. Shirley promised it for me when I get the two new sheds built. I am a bit behind but close enough. She was happy as she had planned for a larger expense. Just thunked. I got it early because it was on sale. And I only wanted one piece, the bottom part on wheels. 7 drawers, 31 or 36 long, I forgot.
Just made a note to check on that.

UK

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,648 Posts
Mine always asks and I then send her links :) Funny thing is I usually send her several items to pick from and she gets them all.

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
Mine always asks and I then send her links :) Funny thing is I usually send her several items to pick from and she gets them all.
Well you lucky dog. Can I put a couple of my own in your list????
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts

Hmmm, a new Indian Challenger might be worth the trip. Fly in, grab a taxi then ride home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts