Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Christmas gift Ideas under $100.00 for Motorcycle riders that I can feature on my youtube channel Traveling Tall.

Thanks for your help and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Smart Charger/Battery Maintainer or Portable Jump Starter/Power Pack.

·
Premium Member
9,895 Posts
For the older bikes.
A watch or clock to put on the bars somewhere. And a thermometer.
There are also some video cameras for under $100 I think. I will be looking at those.
Tank bags. Soft grips. Gloves. Scarf and or neck sock. Warm socks. Rain pants and or jacket.

UK

·
Registered
607 Posts
For under $100 you can find many, many different excellent gloves -- gloves for off-road, on-road, hot weather, cold weather, wet weather... heck, for $100 you could get a rider 2 or 3 nice pairs and they'd be set for whatever comes their way.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the comments

Gloves and rain gear is the most popular suggestions that I'm receiving. Both will be included in the top 5, I was hoping to get some tech gifts, waxes washes etc included in my list. If want to do a couple unboxing videos of some of the products that I recently purchased and maybe some of the suggested products recommended also.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
how much?
Its been a couple of years but to the best of my recollection the Schumacher battery maintainers were under $30.00 each, I replaced my old ones with the Schumacher ones. the lithium jump starter/ power pack was $79.00. I actually have 5 of the battery maintainers always working in the garage and the shed. One on the house generator, the riding mower, the bike and one on each of the two scooters. I've never needed to use the power pack for myself other than charging my phone and action camera while on trips, but I have used it to jump someone else's car that was in need.

Another handy item for those who's bikes uses tubeless tires is a tire repair kit and either a portable 12 volt compressor or the CO2 quick inflate cartridges, I have both but usually only carry the cartridges that came with the repair kit. I've used the repair kit and it was a quick remove the screw, plug the tire, and inflate using three cartridges. It worked as it should and I was able to ride back home. Like the portable power pack, the repair kit is small enough to carry on the bike. The kits range in price from $19.00 to around $49.00 for a top of the line kit.

Reactions: Traveling Tall

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
'The Elementary Motorcyclist' by Brent Allen (the one and only Capt Crash Idaho!). A well written book from someone who's walked the walk and tells it in a very easily understood way. Capt Crash isn't a safety Nazi, he admits to the failings we motorbike riders succumb to (speeding, inattention, wheelies, etc).

I've just re-read my copy, and I'm no longer riding a motorbike. A copy should be given to every new bike rider.

A Chrissie present for even the most experienced bike rider.

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts
Tire pressure gauge...Digital or stick type or dial?
Just curious what people like, I'm all digital, love the precision, the exact reading, my wife hates digital and always uses a stick type even though it's hard to read the exact pounds. I admit her's always works without batteries while mine has been dead a few times when I needed it. I never tried dial type on a bike but they seem a bit bulky and awkward to use on a bike.

My favorite is my FOBO TPMS that connects via bluetooth to my phone, no hands and knees work required and it's always watching.

Oh, a good quality tire gauge. One that's easy to pack away on the bike and easy to use - eg. has an angled head to get at those hard to reach rear tire valves.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,544 Posts
Tire pressure gauge...Digital or stick type or dial?
Just curious what people like, I'm all digital, love the precision, the exact reading, my wife hates digital and always uses a stick type even though it's hard to read the exact pounds. I admit her's always works without batteries while mine has been dead a few times when I needed it. I never tried dial type on a bike but they seem a bit bulky and awkward to use on a bike.

My favorite is my FOBO TPMS that connects via bluetooth to my phone, no hands and knees work required and it's always watching.

Funny I have all of those as well. I use mostly the digital and the dial. I have a small dial that works well on the bikes. The only stick I have is on one of my airhose fittings. The FOBO is the best for keeping an eye on the bikes.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Oh, a good quality tire gauge. One that's easy to pack away on the bike and easy to use - eg. has an angled head to get at those hard to reach rear tire valves.
Amen! Preach it, Brother. I have now tried 5 different gauges --2 digital, 2 stick and a dial -- and have yet to find anything really satisfactory.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gloves and rain gear is the most popular suggestions that I'm receiving. Both will be included in top 5, I was hoping to get some tech gifts included in my list. If was hoping to do a couple unboxing videos also.
reply with the website, please. Thank you

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts
Well I alluded to it but let's make it plain, the FOBO TPMS?

https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOBike

I think it's about $100, it's a bluetooth smartphone tire pressure monitoring system. I use it on my 2 touring bikes, makes checking those awkward back wheels as easy as looking at your phone. I check them every time I ride now.

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts
I like the idea of the jump pack, it would have saved me a real nuisance the day I left the trunk light on in my bike all day...

Smart Charger/Battery Maintainer or Portable Jump Starter/Power Pack.

Reactions: cmonSTART

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I like the idea of the jump pack, it would have saved me a real nuisance the day I left the trunk light on in my bike all day...
Yeah I carry both the jump/power pack and the tire repair kit on the bike just in case. The only one I've had to use in a real world situation for myself was the tire plug kit on a rear flat tire. I have used the power pack to jump another vehicle that was in need in a store parking lot once, they were amazed that something that small could actually jump a vehicle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts