Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Hahaha! That was funny. Not the way my race with a Harley went, but still funny.

At the time, I couldn't tell a Sportster from a Dyna from a Softail, but I knew a Harley when I saw one. I was riding my '94 Kawasaki ZX11 Ninja. (A sport touring bike.) Last traffic light headed north out of Lafayette, La. before the interstate.

He had tried to get me to race him at the last two traffic lights. This is the third light, okay, lets do it. Now he is carrying a passenger just to be exact here, but he is also making the challenge.

So light turns green and he starts shrinking in my mirrors. When I look down and see I'm about to crack 100 MPH, I start seeing flashing red and blue lights in my mind and back off real quick.

Tapped my brakes a few times to let him know I'm slowing down and then ZOOM! There he goes! Never saw him again.

But that was a funny video. :)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,304 Posts
Odd thing I noticed is that the Honda rider left the line like he had no idea how to drag race! A 250 cc Honda CBR would have out ran the Ol' Harley and the 1000 for a long ways. Just because you can do a stationary burnout (no skill at all) doesn't mean you can face the 'triple tree drag lights' effectively.

I wouldn't ride that Rat bike down to Sonic to get a Rat dog, I mean hot dog.

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
16 Posts
once i riding my benelli 600i and a harley street rod tried to race. I just vanished and never saw him again. Harleys are meant to cruise and comfort. Not comparable. It funny to see a bike like Harley to defeat a cbr.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,979 Posts
What kind of race is a 100 yards?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.