Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there all gear heads,
I have started a project, a motorcycle project. Maybe a strange way to build a chopper. I bought whatever will go good on the project, and I think I am building a beast.

The first time I saw this chopper in a "mini" chopper form, it used to have a 49cc motor, which is very embarrassing. So I had to throw out that motor and sell it to a kid that wanted it for his goped. Now the chopper was a rolling chassis for a awhile, at that time I repaired the body damage, which I am still doing now.

Weeks passed, a guy on Craigslist offered me a parted out 1984 Honda 200 ATV with complete motor, I thought that motor (200cc) was a perfect fit for my rolling chassis. So I bought that BIG atv, took out the motor, and cleaned the rusts and dirt on that motor. The motor was a pretty good looking engine, it just look like a v-twin with no second cylinder. So after cleaning, I put the motor on the chopper to see how it looks, I bolted the original exhaust pipe of the atv. It looked really good.

I am having problems with the rear wheel set up, the original rear 16 inch wheel have a different type of sprocket of the motor has. I was thinking making the chopper a three wheeler, taking the rear set up on the atv and putting it on the chopper. And of course, there will be street wheels on the rear set up.

I wanted to make a updating thread about this chopper to see what you guys think of it, and hopefully can help out my mistakes or problems.

So I got some pictures of the chopper, and some pictures of the atv.

Have a good one :cool:,
Nicholas D

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I thought it something to do over summer. Right now I am trying to figure how this little motor works. I am have the carb problem, ya know the fuel lines stuff. If its get worst I'd better post something here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While building this chopper, I have some question to ask. In California in usa, is it possible for me to registered this bike to dmv to get it on the road? I heard that I need some kind of serial number on the frame? This bike have no serial number on its frame. What is needed to make the DMV happy for to get this bike on the road?

The bike has a 16x8 rear wheel, and a 20x2 front bmx bike tire. Should I upgrade the wheels to make dmv happy? If I have to upgrade the wheels, then there will be a huge change on the rear wheel setup for a three wheeler chopper.

Now here a engine problem I am having. The motor has no pullstart at all, is there some kind of red neck way or as such to make the motor turn? The way I am thinking is adding a rope around the pull start support and rap it around there for like 10 time and try to pull the rope out as hard, I think that would work? I wanna know some other idea. I am new to the carburetor i am looking at, tried to look for a similar carb on the net to see how the hose and gas line work but no luck. Dose any one have a one barrel carb fuel line diagram or as such? Theirs like three hose that should go somewhere but I have no idea where it all go, should they all go into the gas tank? I don't want to do it until I feel ok with it, so it don't get messed up.

Any help or thoughts will be highly appreciated.
Thanks, Nick.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I came back with this project, and sold the atv which it dose not give good idea for the project. So this chopper is going to be a two wheel motorcycle. So I went out to find a real motorcycle wheels, and found non.

So I had this thought, on the small 10X8 rim can you add like a 20 inch tire on it from good year or as such? I don't know if it will work by adding a big ass tire on a small rim. Do you guys think it would work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here one of the updated picture of the project. Not much changes are made, but the weld for the frame is coming up. So the chopper have more support for the big motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts