Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A potential bike i'm buying has chopped fenders. The seller told me he had them chopped because it looks better on the bike. Is this something riders do a lot? and is this considered "damage" to the bike since it is cutting a piece of the fender

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
It just depends on how you like the looks, and how well it was done. I don't think it's considered damage, but may remove some collectors value if it is a vintage motorcycle.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Sometimes it means you're going to get a wet shirt or wet back if you go through a puddle.
Lol. Not sometimes, but everytime. And not just wet, but soaked. If someone spills a 20oz bottle of water on the ground, every drop will end up on your back. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then knowing this, why would someone chop the fender off? Seller told me it looks better, but not really all that much better. It looks fine with a fender.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Is it possible to replace the fenders on a bike?
Then knowing this, why would someone chop the fender off? Seller told me it looks better, but not really all that much better. It looks fine with a fender.
What you and the seller find attractive could be very different. My XV1000 doesn't have ANY fender. Or backseat. Nothing. Just a tire sticking out the back. I love the way that looks. I find the stock XV disgustingly ugly with fenders, but obviously somebody liked them as I see them everywhere.

And yes, you can get new fenders welded on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts