Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to riding and I'll soon be purchasing my first bike. I'll be using this bike as my daily driver to and from work, 23 mile commute almost entirely on the highway. Considering this I've been looking at a few solid middleweights but I'd like to get as much information and advice as I can before making a move. The motorcycles that I'm currently looking at are: 2017 Honda CB500F, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650, and a 2009 Suzuki SV650. Any advice, tips, etc to help me decide would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Welcome from another fairly "new to riding" guy! My experience is limited to a Ninja 300 and a CBR F4i but based on alot of reading and watching of the YT, I'd say that the Ninja 650 or the SV 650 are going to be your best bets. I've heard very little about the CB500 though so take my opinion for what it is worth...

·
Biker
1,620 Posts
Hello Byfek97

Just saw a few vids about the cb500f, one guy said there were 5 things he hated, one not being that great on the hi-way
2 angle of seat slid to tank and you ride with your balls crunched up, not 4 me dude, cheap-ass grips like plastic,
uncomfortable seat after two hours. . .

The 1st video I saw, this bike kept crapping out, so check things out b4 u buy

Frankly if you could go with a Suzuki M50, which I had taken out for a 150 mile spin round the block, I think it would be
pretty good, just my own opinion, I had it out on the hi-way, and it is a good looking cruiser.

Now get out there and pass your MSF test to get your Motorcycle endorsement, if u haven't already.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Welcome! I had an SV650S and it was a great bike for about an hour. After that it was a backbreaker. So if you plan on doing any longer rides, I would suggest something with a more upright stance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
" angle of seat slid to tank and you ride with your balls crunched up, not 4 me dude".
i experienced this sort of "sliding forward" on my bws scooter. that alone was reason enough to make me hate the bike.
if the bike doesn't feel totally comfortable ... run away. this is your daily commute bike,it has to feel like it fits you.
you are wise to look at a middleweight. a 250 can do the freeway, but will always feel like you need a little more of everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I'm new to riding and I'll soon be purchasing my first bike. I'll be using this bike as my daily driver to and from work, 23 mile commute almost entirely on the highway. Considering this I've been looking at a few solid middleweights but I'd like to get as much information and advice as I can before making a move. The motorcycles that I'm currently looking at are: 2017 Honda CB500F, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650, and a 2009 Suzuki SV650. Any advice, tips, etc to help me decide would be much appreciated.
go with ninja 650, i ordered same one 2021y cant wait to arrive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts