Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put the choke all the way ON what would cause it to move to the halfway position as soon as I let it go? It never did this before but I'm thinking because it's been sitting, what do you think.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Depends on the mechanism. If it is a slide or rotating lever, it could just be a loose screw on the pivot point. So the lever doesn't hold position.
?
dc

N

·
0 Posts
On some cables there is a small collar nut to increase the resistance on the cable. It is usually where the knob mount is on the bike.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I don't know. I can't find any model specifics.
What would cause it? Lack of tension on the cable which would usually be found at the point where there is a screw, but it depends on what yours looks like. Usually on the bar, with a slide switch. You just need more tension on the slide.
If this px comes through ... you will see the screw in the middle. Yours may be a little different. Tightening that screw will put enough tension on the choke to stay out when you pull it out, but not too tight, as then you can't push it back in.
On the Harley's the cable pulls through a threaded plastic nut that has to be tightened down, but not so tight it breaks.
I think.
dc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts