Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Traffic is the key to income.
That's not really true if you know how to market to your niche, I made more money on a site that had 3k visits per day than I did on another one that was 30k per day.

Should we ever reach the point where the vast bulk of live internet users are ad blocking, you can kiss good quality free websites goodbye. This is even more true with net neutrality being in serious trouble.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sure some adds are good but not the ones that get into your face and block what you are trying to read/look at at.

or are for things not related to the site you are on.
add tracking is bad. i do not like being tracked just to target a ad for something i do not want. or can afford. or could use.

the things i want/need/can use, strange they do not need to advertize. as people are beating a pathway to them. :coffeescreen:

but then on the radio i change stations. (music stations should play music...not sports) on the boob tube i change channels or mute till the program i am watching comes back on.

maybe i am just the weired guy out???? :)

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
I'm getting the same Chinese ad's also............. I run IE and tried to copy and paste the link into this reply but it was over 43k Chinese character's long. This problem has been going on for a couple of weeks.

·
Administrator
479 Posts
I have reported this to the tech team and they will look into these Chinese ads. Thank you for trying to help arntufun!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~KM, community support

·
Administrator
479 Posts
Hello all,

After looking into this further and communicating with Google, here's what they have reported back to us:

---

This issue is fixed and will be released in early December. The exact ETA is still unavailable because there is a code freeze in place for the rest of the month.

The issue is only seen with certain versions of IE. In certain situations when text ads are rendered the encoding that describes the format does not get set correctly. This causes the unexpected foreign characters.

It is worth pointing out that this is also occurring for a few other publishers as well but on a small scale.

---

AS

21 - 25 of 25 Posts