Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im checking out this cb400ti and its a 1979 apparently it only has 4k miles on it but the paint job is not original and the engine is painted all black with high temp paint but the cyl heads are shiny. Does anyone think that mileage is accurate? also what would you thing it is worth? i cant add a photo at this time but its a gold color i can tell originally it was red im just trying to get some other ppls opinions on it before i buy it. It runs great idles kinda high i guess but no concerns with how it runs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Low mileage is not uncommon. I have a 1978 with 2800 miles. I am looking for parts. Can you help me in terms of web sites? Doug

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Low mileage is not uncommon. I have a 1978 with 2800 miles. I am looking for parts. Can you help me in terms of web sites? Doug
Use the Honda online ordering tool to get the proper part number. Simply place the part number in a search engine like google and there will be plenty of results,both for new and used parts...

·
Registered
31 Posts
so im checking out this cb400ti and its a 1979 apparently it only has 4k miles on it but the paint job is not original and the engine is painted all black with high temp paint but the cyl heads are shiny. Does anyone think that mileage is accurate? also what would you thing it is worth? i cant add a photo at this time but its a gold color i can tell originally it was red im just trying to get some other ppls opinions on it before i buy it. It runs great idles kinda high i guess but no concerns with how it runs.
On Monday I brought home a 77 CB400 that I purchased from the original owner. It has about 39,000km (~ 25,000 miles) on it. Unless you're getting it from the original owner I would be suspect about the mileage. The paint is a different story. Mine is the original grey but on the rear there are places where it has worn off. The plastic underneath is a red color. The idle speed should be a simple adjustment. As to what it's worth, checkout ebay or other used motorcycle sites to get an idea what it is worth. I got mine at a steal, free.:biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts