Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the 125 miles up to Reno's Powersports, in Kansas City, Missouri this morning to look at the new Gootzies and drool a little. My report is as follows:

The V7 (750) series are all beautiful and impressive BUUUUT-- The riding position is akin to what a jokey goes through when he rides a Supersport bike--or his quarter horse! I bet there wasn't 20 inches from the seat to the footpegs. Seat to handlebar placement was good but I'd have to somehow lower the footpegs a couple of inches. The salesman reminded me that most Italians are small folks:)

The 1200 Grisso was really nice and the quality was apparent. Overall, it was much more comfortable but again, the pegs could stand to be lower.

Both the 1400 series bikes were just stunning, the California and the cruiser both put down anything else out there. They were both very comfortable and the seat to pegs/ handlebar position was fine. I just stood there awed at their beauty.

They didn't have a Stelvio in stock to look at.

I've got to sell a few toys before I get another bike but Guzzi is at the top of my short list.

My 2012 Goldwing is for sale now!

Sam:)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I must admit, I do like the new 850 series, but to fit it with a 15 liter tank ????? Jeez !

Anyway, Todd at Guzzitech, does a Roamer, with the 22 ltr tank from the V7.
Now that, I must admit, is reaally tempting me to sell my faithfull Breva 750 !

Hope it all works out for you !
Cheers
MGR

·
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MGR, this is an OLD post but I'll respond.

I love the new V9, especially if it had the same size tank as the V7. I wish that the 'SUMP' held more oil. I also wish that Gootzie had more dealers. As you know, the closest to me is about 150 miles.

Take care.

Sam:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Both the 1400 series bikes were just stunning, the California and the cruiser both put down anything else out there. They were both very comfortable and the seat to pegs/ handlebar position was fine. I just stood there awed at their beauty.
Yeah I sat on the California when I was at the dealership buying the Griso. The comfort and ergonomics were perfect, and I agree, its a looker too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've owned two MotoGuzzis: a 2000 Jackal and a 2003 LeMans. I liked both of them, the LeMans a bit more. The LeMans was great handling and I really liked the sound of the motor (90 degree twin) and it was super good looking.

Good service is hard to find. And parts can be a problem. At least back then -- hopefully it's better today.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Loves me some Griso
Me too. Almost a year old now and I still think its the most enjoyable, fun, thrilling and most challenging bike to ride at a fast pace that I've ever owned. In Italy they're known as the Red Devil or Black Devil, depending on the color of the bike.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Let me add that it runs the twisties reasonably well on smooth pavement. Rough pavement tends to upset it to the point that you have to muscle it thru. It tends to try to upright and straighten up when hitting rough pavement in the twisties at higher speeds. Where as many sport and sport touring bikes handle rough pavement reasonably well in twisties. It has adjustable front and rear suspension, but regardless of where I have the settings, I haven't been able to completely eliminate it. It doesn't take much throttle before it becomes a rocket, so its easy to over throttle exiting the apex of a curve, if not careful, it can throw it into a low side slide or buck you. You just have to be extra gentle with the throttle exiting a curve. It still has the factory tires, so I'm sure better tires will help a lot with this situation. But with all this being said, I do enjoy the challenge and it makes for a more spirited ride. As a regular around town commuter, its a very enjoyable ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts