Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I came across an ad on ebay selling am/fm motorcycle radios for about 40 bucks shipped to the usa. I immediately purchased one, and about 20 days later it came, and I put in on my Trike. That was the best 40 bucks I ever spent. He sells em for $26.99 and $12.99 shipping to the USA. Wow !
They have a backlit LCD display, and little 2 1/2" diameter speakers that mount to your 7/8" handlebars. The radio unit itself is about the size of a pack of cigarette's, and has a jack to plug your ipod, mp3, or cd player into. It also has a jack for helmet speakers or headphones. This unit connects to your bikes wireing with 3 wires. One wire for memory, one for key on power, and a ground. The speakers Plug into the radio's harness with neat little bullet type connectors, and the power wires have a nice little nylon plug.
I was quite impressed with the wireing of this little radio. The radio unit can be mounted several ways. Its so light, that even velcro would do the job nicely, but it has a metal bracket attached that you can either use or remove, depending on how you wish to do it. Whenever the radio is in the off position, the clock is displayed. I love this little radio so much that I made the seller a video of it in action on my trike, and told him he could use it in his ad. he said the ad boosted his sales, so im happy for that. These little radios are awesome, and actually sound pretty good. Out of the box, they just have a yellow wire for the antenna, so I made a small antenna for the rear of my trike, and now it receives as good as the stereo in my pickup. I was worried about not using sheilded cable for the antenna, but so far it has not been a problem. I also get no interference form my engine at all, and that surprized me too, since im still running points in my VW. If your tired of dragging around a portable radio as I was, you gotta get one of these little radios for your motorcycle. If it has a 12 volt battery, your in business. I connected both my power wires to the hot wire to my ign switch, so I dont have to have the key on to use the radio. If you think you might be interested in one of these radios, go to ebay and search for motorcycle radio, and scroll down to the am/fm radio and speaker set for $26.99 and $12.99 shipping. His username is grapebaiwans, and he has great feedback. Alot of my friends have got these now too, and we all love them. Dennis

1 - 1 of 1 Posts