Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart has em............dirt cheap!! Looks like it would be fine.....

Anyone every buy one of these from Walmart?

Under $10.00!!

-Soupy

G

·
No, I have not bought one and wouldn't. I can see something right away that the opening at the top is too small for my liking.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the oil stream angle would have to be anticipated and adjusted for, so you set the pan in the right place, but it would still be narrower than what looks to be a decent sized opening.

-Soupy

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts

I would go with something like this

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have one and use it. It works very well. The top hole is amply big and has a grid to set your filter on to drain. It is not messy at all. Makes it easy to pour the oil into a bigger container to recycle.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Critter: yeah, I saw that one too.............either/or I guess. Cheap enough, for SURE!!

-Soupy

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I own that too. I was going to type a response, but it would have been exactly what stevekozak said above. Completely the same experience with it.

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
I bought a couple of different units from Wal-Mart, dirt cheap, easy to use. I bought a rectangular drain pan/bottle, with two drain plugs in the catcher portion, and one screw-on cap, on the end, which is used to drain the bottle. I also bought two larger jugs for dumping the pan/bottle into, when it is full. I take the two larger jugs to Wal-Mart, to dump my used oil in their mass tanks. It works well for me, changing oil on two cars, and my bike. Not everything at Wally World is crap. :p Cheers!
:coffee:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd imagine that I would just go to the Recycle Center when it's full, and drain it into their large receptacle, is all.

For a NUMBER of years, I kept gallon jugs of old motor oil around in the garage, in the belief that somehow I would recycle or re-use it, but I never did.

This type of receptacle would (at least) keep me from having to move the oil from the drip pan, to a jug, sparing me some mess and time.

-Soupy

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
I've got one like Critter posted... had it for years and use it for every vehicle. Pour the used oil out it into a drum. When the drum is full a friend picks it up to use in his oil-burner shop heater.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Yeah, I have to take my full drum to the local coop. They won't come to me, but they give me an empty drum to fill. Usually takes a year for me to fill it now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts