Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may just be a problem with my laptop since it does have a trackpad problem. But in Chat it seems Bold, Italicize, and Underline functions are a all or nothing function. I'm unable to Bold one word for example. I wouldn't think my trackpad could cause such a problem but it is entirely possible I suppose. I know in the past I could do something with just one or more words without getting all of them and my trackpad problem is new so it could be it but thought I'd better ask rather than assume.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
That's the way it is working for me. I'm not sure if it has always been that way or not since I haven't tried using those in the chat window.

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh good. Glad it's not just me now. I do know in the past it didn't work like that. Something changed then but I really don't know when. It's been awhile since I wanted to bold one word. I did notice that hitting those buttons now has a +(plus) next to them. That's new.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
Yes, if you click the bold, italic, or underline, the entire message gets the treatment. I'm not sure if it is working as intended or not.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
I'll let the tech team know about this as I'm not quite sure why everything gets changed. If it did not previously bold and italic everything then it may be an issue with the chat box.

~KM, community support

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure it didn't do that before because I do like being able to make a word stand out from time to time. But I am a senior and you know what they say there.:( :D

·
Administrator
440 Posts
Yes, if you click the bold, italic, or underline, the entire message gets the treatment. I'm not sure if it is working as intended or not.
I've looked into this further and compared this feature on several other forums where we run the chat and it appears that the text markup (bold, italicize and all underline) function in a way that is either all or nothing, unfortunately.

The third-party add-on doesn't indicate any way to adjust this text markup, neither do the options on this forum's administrative panel.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201283

Regards,

AS

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's interesting. I've since found that using html code I can get what I want. Very strange the two are compatible then.:confused: However, they may very well have been what I did in the past when I said it didn't work like it is now. Sometimes just using html code is quicker if you know what I mean.

·
Administrator
440 Posts
That's interesting. I've since found that using html code I can get what I want. Very strange the two are compatible then.:confused: However, they may very well have been what I did in the past when I said it didn't work like it is now. Sometimes just using html code is quicker if you know what I mean.
You're right. That seems to be the workaround, using forum bb code (e.g., [*b],[*i],[*u]

Using the actual buttons result in all or none.

AS

·
American Legion Rider
18,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I responded to your testing too. That took some guess work to discover. You would think any valid code would work but doesn't. Could that be a clue as to why it doesn't work in ChatRoom?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts