Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
My thought ... , test stator to assure sutible AC voltage .., install 3 wire rect. / reg. And send 1 wire with DC voltage to battery ... . Take 1 wire from battery ,/ fused to ignition . Then 1 fused wire to lights .., KISS , method ..., wire it simple .. , Quit trying to figure out that screwy mess ...., JMO ....,
 

· Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
Joined
·
819 Posts
Yeah, the dual-outlet of that regulator just doesn't make sense.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I haven't ridden it around. It's very disassembled at the moment. I bench tested the new stator and it was fine. I tested it for AC output and at idle it was 30+VAC. I was not able to rev it up because of the way it was sitting on my lift at the time. But 30+VAC at a high idle should be fine. The wiring is full factory and I have no issue with it's functionality as far as lights, ign, etc. Just the fact the battery is not getting charged. I'll follow up when the new R/R gets here.
 

· Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
Joined
·
819 Posts
Yeah, sounds like that's last part needed.
 
  • Helpful
Reactions: -Nate

· Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
I hear you Sir ;

I get a lot of oddball electrical jobs after everyone else has given up .

I can't wait to learn what the problem was this job .
 

· Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Just to put a pin in this one. After finally getting a good rectifier/regulator I still wasn't getting a good charge to the battery. What it ended up being was the cheap connectors between the stator to the R/R and the connector between the R/R and the wires leading from it. After opening and closing them several times I suppose they just started to have a lot of resistance which was bleeding off the current by becoming massive heat. To the point of the wires and connectors getting too hot to touch. I put in larger gauge wires to match the wiring off the stator and the R/R and removed all the connectors and replaced them with bullet connectors on each wire and now the wiring is fine and I'm getting 13+VDC to the battery.
 
61 - 70 of 70 Posts
Top