Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Question.... Going to look at a bike tomorrow.... Suzuki marauder 800 '03. I have read many views that they are great bikes but a common complaint was that the foot pegs scrapped to easily.... This bike is a bit of a stretch for my price point and was wondering if it's a big job to move the foot pegs on a bike seeing as how I won't have much left over right away to be doing any mods...
Thanks!

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
There are usually two ways you can re-position foot pegs. The first is to buy an aftermarket relocation kit, if available. The second is to custom fabricate what you need to get the pegs and foot controls to the proper position.

There really isn't a simple adjustment to move the foot position on most motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
On long trips I find it more comfortable to place my feed on the passenger pegs. However only when I'm on the highway with no traffic.

·
Registered
245 Posts
On long trips I find it more comfortable to place my feed on the passenger pegs. However only when I'm on the highway with no traffic.
Can't tell if troll.

I am not familiar with your bike, but it seems the pegs scrape because the manufacturer wanted you to be sure when you know you are approaching max comfortable lean angle, mine does not hit the feelers until I am warm on track tires near max lean angle. Hitting the pegs isn't a bad thing, hitting the rear swingarm when low siding is ;).

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I used to do that now and again too. Great way to stretch the leg muscles on a long ride. I took the passenger pegs off so can't use that method anymore though.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hello! Question.... Going to look at a bike tomorrow.... Suzuki marauder 800 '03. I have read many views that they are great bikes but a common complaint was that the foot pegs scrapped to easily.... This bike is a bit of a stretch for my price point and was wondering if it's a big job to move the foot pegs on a bike seeing as how I won't have much left over right away to be doing any mods...
Thanks!
Since it has pegs I'm guessing it is the one they now call M-50, not the one they now call C-50 which has floorboards.

I really doubt you will be scrapping the pegs too much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI I just bought a 2001 Suzuki Marauder VZ800 and noticed that the foot pegs feel like they slant downward a bit... I'm a new rider, so I'm not sure if that is how they are supposed to rest. It's not particularly comfortable to me as I feel like my feet will slide off. Is there an adjustment I can make to have them rest at 90 degrees? Thanks.

·
Biker
1,484 Posts
Good choice, I don't have any Suzuki's but rode an M50 a while ago and I really liked it, If I remember right, the 'Marauder is the name before 2005 which then, with some changes took on the name M50 in 2005, the M50 a.k.a. Boulevard and intruder. I think the pegs are as Urban says, to let you be aware of lean limits.Thumbs up! I think you have a great bike for some pretty good trips. I think that if you lean your bike as much as it leans when on kick stand, you won't have any troubles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts