Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So My bike is a 2016 Sinnis SP125 and I’ve been having problems with my chain having tight spots and loose spots. Even after buying and installing a whole new chain and both sprockets I’m still having the same problem and I don’t know what to do to solve it. I’m worried that while driving it may get too loose and catch on something. Anyone have any suggestions ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you adjust both side’s of the wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes I loosen the back wheel and tighten both sides to the same notch and I still have loose spots I’m beginning to think it may be a problem with the back tire potentially

·
Premium Member
8,944 Posts
It could be the chain was too tight, and when the rear end compresses it tightens more, and that stretches part of the chain. A bit more slack, and a bit more oil might help. I am not familiar with the bike. UK

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,993 Posts
When adjusting your Chain, is your rear wheel off the ground with suspension loaded or unloaded?

After adjusting both sides to the same notch, did you spin the wheel and sight down the rear sprocket and chain to verify the chain is indeed aligned to both the front and rear sprockets?

If you can't get the rear wheel off the ground with suspension loaded(swing arm resting on a stand vs using center stand and rear swing arm hanging free), you'll want a little extra slack in the chain when checking play as when you set it back down, the weight of the bike will be taking up a little slack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts