Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building a custom bobber in shop class. Everything is going great. The only issue that’s coming up is the chain alignment. The rear wheel is aligned with front and the back bone of the frame. If I line up my engine sprocket with my wheel sprocket, the motor is 3 inches off. What should I do. It is a hardtail also

Attachments

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Usually this is handled with spacers or an offset sprocket. Does the engine sprocket or rear sprocket need to move farther away from the center of the frame?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually this is handled with spacers or an offset sprocket. Does the engine sprocket or rear sprocket need to move farther away from the center of the frame?
the engine sprocket needs to move out from the center of the frame. If I move the wheel over it will be outta alignment

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Hmm, 3 inches is a lot. Is the rear wheel that wide? Are you able to machine the rear sprocket down any to bring it closer in?

What engine is in it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, 3 inches is a lot. Is the rear wheel that wide? Are you able to machine the rear sprocket down any to bring it closer in?

What engine is in it?
it’s a Yamaha xs650, the wheels are off a Honda I believe. It may be more like 2 inches but I can measure for sure Tomorrow. Machining down where the sprocket mounts might be my best bet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts