Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but not new to Hondas. I am looking for some information, hoping the members here can help a bit. I need to know the outer and inner distance between the feet on your Honda's center stand. Example: 2020 Honda Africa twin, 48mm to outside of both feet, 30 to inside. Putting together some aggregate information so I can fabricate a part. I've been living with kidney disease for a while now (feels like forever) and I'm restricted to working from home until I recover.

Thanks,
Chef

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Automotive design

·
Banned
Honda VFR1200X (sold), only mod was "The BoosterPlug".
418 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but not new to Hondas. I am looking for some information, hoping the members here can help a bit. I need to know the outer and inner distance between the feet on your Honda's center stand. Example: 2020 Honda Africa twin, 48mm to outside of both feet, 30 to inside. Putting together some aggregate information so I can fabricate a part. I've been living with kidney disease for a while now (feels like forever) and I'm restricted to working from home until I recover.

Thanks,
Chef

View attachment 74642
Maybe you could ask one of these vendors?...

2020 honda africa twin center stand: Search Result | eBay

...& at this forum:

Honda Africa Twin Forum

I'm sorry, that's the best I can do.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Wider side to side is better for leverage but the width is often limited by how it fits around any pipes present there. It has to look good and not stick out to drag ground in a lean but the little jink on the left side has to stick out far enough to easily catch it with a foot to swing stand down. You have to clear any drive chain too.

When you create a stand you may well be creating a stop for when it folds up to limit the up to clear things I mentioned. I often make a custom bent tab that bolts on using the passenger footpeg mounting hole. Stand swings up to hit it and not go further into chain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts