Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Is there anything on the back, like a serial number or model number? Also, a clearer shot of the text above 'Peak RPM may prove useful.

·
Premium Member
10,060 Posts
Weird colors for the wires.
Blue is the new red. Brown is for the tail lights. For the flashers, yellow is left, green is right. The other brown ? is ground or negative. None of it of use for ignition.

I did a quick google search and did not find anything of use.

UK

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Is that not small text above the 'PEAK RPM' logo? If it is, it is too blurry to read on my PC, so please type it out.
Nothing on the back side?

Like UK, I did several searches with different parameters, and found a number of devices with the same name, but not that one.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,668 Posts
What is the bike application?

·
Premium Member
10,060 Posts
Just a thought.
What is on your bike at the moment? Where did the CDI box come from? Was it being used on another Bike? Do you know if it was ever designed for, or used on a bike like yours? And lastly, what are you trying to achieve?

UK

·
Ace Tuner
3,764 Posts
If the "box" is made for a true CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) then it is a totally different animal than the igniter your 750 Ninja uses.
It's been a long time ago that I last saw the igniter on any 1989 Ninja but I believe it has more than five wires going to it.

The answer to UK's questions might help to determine if the box is applicable to your Ninja.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I would match this box to whatever box the bike currently has. I had to do this when I recently replaced the ignition on a Honda Elite with a Chinese ignition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts