Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve really liked the CB, without having ever ridden it, but I have an opportunity to get a mint low miles 2013 BMW for less than a CB. Anyone have advice on this? Go for a new CB or pick up the bigger 700? Don’t plan on much off road, if that makes any difference.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
Both are nice bikes but the Honda has a factory warranty and dealers everywhere if needed, which it probably won't:smile_big:

The 700GS is actually and 800 bye the way (Cheaper insurance) and of the 2 is truly the 'Adventure' bike and has many more expensive features than the 500x.

There are very few dealer though and odds are, you may need one sometime although the bike is reliable.

Myself, I would buy the BMW as I have been a Beemer snob in a past life having owned 5 of them:grin:

I've owned enough Honda's to be personally responsible for Japan's excellent economy:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both are nice bikes but the Honda....
Sam:nerd:
Thanks Sam. I'm leaning toward the Beamer, but it's true that there are plenty more Honda service options...and it would be new with warranty, but it would end up being a couple grand more than the 700, which only has a couple thousand miles on it...always garaged and kept up. Plus, it has luggage boxes. I've never had a bmw, so I will have to see if it feels comfortable. Went to look at an 800GS and both myself and a friend could barely stand it upright. I'm not kidding...maybe because the stock suspension is so hi, or the bike is way heavy. I'm 5'11, but neither of us would even chance test riding it...too huge. I'm hoping the 700 is a better fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts