Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1981 cb400t, and the only thing holding it back from passing my state's safety inspection is the tailight. The brake light works fine but the taillight does not, fuse keeps blowing out. I've been chasing wires from the headlight and associated harnesses to the fuse box and the tailight itself with no luck. I have found that the fuse burns out regardless of whether or not the taillight bulb is in the socket, and at this point I'm curious if the problem lies with the ignition switch, since the diagram shows it as the power source for the light. Any ideas?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,300 Posts
You have a short in the wireing. you need to trace it from connection to connection using a fused test light

·
Registered
4 Posts
taillight fuse burns out immediately?

I have a 1975 cb360t and I purchased a new right side switch box from Common Motor Collective. I have headlights, turn signals and even the brake light works, but no taillight. The taillight fuse burns out immediately when you turn on the key. Maybe I have two wires from my new switch box wired together inncorrectly? Is it after the fuse box towards the rear of the bike? Frustrated in DeKalb, Swinedog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts