Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange doings. I had oil squirting from my air box after a quick ride this morning. The oil isn't over filled. On the return ride, no oil. This has happened before to me. When I got the bike in April, the breather tube was sitting infront of the air filter. I have the manual, but I can't seem to find where it connects. Does anyone have a pic of its location? Thanks.

·
Registered
05 R46, & Fully worked 03 CBR954RR
48 Posts
Strange doings. I had oil squirting from my air box after a quick ride this morning. The oil isn't over filled. On the return ride, no oil. This has happened before to me. When I got the bike in April, the breather tube was sitting infront of the air filter. I have the manual, but I can't seem to find where it connects. Does anyone have a pic of its location? Thanks.
It's coming up through the anti smog line by way of the head exit valve line to the air box thats designed to reburn exhaust gas's, this set up is one of these save the planet BS deals, & can be capped off with zero performance effect, $20 for 2 caps will end air box oil in an instant,

·
Zip
3,119 Posts
It's coming up through the anti smog line by way of the head exit valve line to the air box thats designed to reburn exhaust gas's, this set up is one of these save the planet BS deals, & can be capped off with zero performance effect, $20 for 2 caps will end air box oil in an instant,
If that is the only crankcase vent, it might be unwise to plug it, depends on the engine.

On this inline 4-cylinder engine with two pistons moving up while the other two move down, it might not be such a big deal. On a boxer engine where the pistons both move in and out at the same time, it would be very not smart.

·
Ace Tuner
4,534 Posts
Strange doings. I had oil squirting from my air box after a quick ride this morning. The oil isn't over filled. On the return ride, no oil. This has happened before to me. When I got the bike in April, the breather tube was sitting in front of the air filter. I have the manual, but I can't seem to find where it connects. Does anyone have a pic of its location? Thanks.
What year model CB1000C are we looking at?
Exactly where does the tube in question connect at it's other end?

I would not recommend plugging any crankcase vents.

All air boxes should have (will have) a drain so you can remove the oil that builds up in it over time. Usually there is a plug in the drain line that you remove to drain the air box. Armed with the year model we can probably find it in the parts diagram...

S F

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any diagrams or parts numbers available? Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Honda factory service manual has emissions routing guide on page 1-13 of Chapter 1 . ;)
Product Organism Font Parallel Diagram

·
Ace Tuner
4,534 Posts
What year model CB1000C are we looking at?
Exactly where does the tube in question connect at it's other end?
CB1000C was only made in 1983.
Any diagrams or parts numbers available? Thanks.
Only made in 1983.
I may have known that at some point, 40 Years Ago...

Still, it would be helpful to know exactly where the tube in question connects (if it connects to anything) at it's other end?
Anyway, here is a parts diagram. Hope this helps?

But in case we're talking about the "automatic fuel valve" :

S F

1 - 9 of 9 Posts