Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this bike from a friend for free! most everything works fine except for the starter switch doesnt do anything. is it supposed to ground to the handle or what?

the other things not working with it are the front turn signals and the rear turn signals don't blink which is fine i can toggle.

the history on the bike is my friend bought it and a part bike about a year ago for cheap, then decided to get a new triumph. his brother in law tried to cafe the handle bars and i think changed out the main switch because the wiring diagram shows it to have a head light switch in the unit and the one that was there didnt have one so i put the extra he had back in and got the head lights working.

so, i need help, this is my first bike and it is AWESOME!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Replace the blinker relay to fix the turn signals. All you need is an automotive 12 volt relay for a couple of bucks.
There are 2 small wires coming out of the starter solenoid one is black and the other one ,which is red/yellow on my bike, goes to the starter switch. Ground this wire to the engine and the starter should operate with the main ignition switch on. If it does operate,the trouble is either a bad starter switch or more likely a bad wiring connection. Since all the starter switch does is go to ground,you could just add new wiring and a new starter [momentary] switch button located anywhere on the bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First bike I ever owned was a '74 CB360T (orange). The side covers faded to light gold in about a year, and looked like crap. Rode great, though :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts