1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,544 Posts
That happened a while back and we discussed it then, way before you joined the forum.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Holy smokes, that's scary. I've been on the receiving end of stuff like that more times than I can count long before I even started riding. People have followed me home, tried to put me into concrete barriers, threw things at my car, brake checks, physical altercations at red lights (locked those doors!!!), you name it. Something about driving a smart car just really seemed to piss people off, and it's not like I had any stickers on the car aside from an Xbox logo or an Apple logo.

Then, being a woman introduced a whole slew of brand new creeps who used the uniqueness of my cars to stalk me. I had become pretty well acquainted with where the closest police stations were as I've found them to be the best place to lose my stalkers.

In her situation I would have gunned it for the nearest shoulder or lane split traffic. But things are different when you're actually in the moment. I applaud her for keeping her cool and doing what she had to do to survive.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That happened a while back and we discussed it then, way before you joined the forum.
Well, ****! Sorry for the re-post!

Mod, feel free to delete!

·
Ace Tuner
3,557 Posts
Well, ****! Sorry for the re-post!

Mod, feel free to delete!
I believe the interview with the woman is new though, also interesting but scary.

She's gone thru hell over the incident. Let this be a lesson to us all. Do whatever you can to avoid having to shoot. (She had no choice). I feel for her.

I've recently had two road rage incidents where someone nearly rear ended me while I was in a cage. Totally their fault.
Both times they went NUTS at ME!. One tried to run us into other traffic then stopped his car in front of us in a center lane of the freeway and got out as if to come 'get me'.
It's a good thing, for me as well as him, he got back in his car..... This is Texas after all.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been on the receiving end of stuff like that more times than I can count long before I even started riding. People have followed me home, tried to put me into concrete barriers, threw things at my car, brake checks, physical altercations at red lights (locked those doors!!!), you name it. Something about driving a smart car just really seemed to piss people off, and it's not like I had any stickers on the car aside from an Xbox logo or an Apple logo.

Then, being a woman introduced a whole slew of brand new creeps who used the uniqueness of my cars to stalk me. I had become pretty well acquainted with where the closest police stations were as I've found them to be the best place to lose my stalkers.
I've recently had two road rage incidents where someone nearly rear ended me while I was in a cage. Totally their fault.
Both times they went NUTS at ME!. One tried to run us into other traffic then stopped his car in front of us in a center lane of the freeway and got out as if to come 'get me'.
It's a good thing, for me as well as him, he got back in his car..... This is Texas after all.
There really seems to be more "crazy" than ever out there! I've really had to work on my temper since learning to ride and try to just get away from the zombies whenever possible. Sometimes I can't help but throw up a friendly gesture... but I've gotten better! :grin:

--

You'll probably just get a hefty fine and maybe 3 months suspension. :devil:

--
And let me guess... the fine must be paid directly to RonK??? :grin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is a shame people cannot act like adults and behave.

I am not getting in any fights with anyone. I got two good legs and I can run real fast. But, that said, if somebody is just damn determined to do me harm and pursue and especially if I have my wife with me, they may meet Mr. G19 or Mr. .357. I would have to feel sincerely in jeopardy of my life and backed into a corner though to ever get to that point.

I believe in turning the cheek until I cannot anymore.

3C

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,143 Posts
Here's what ya need in todays messed up world. I made this from dead cow to finished product in my shop. It's a 'Clam style' concealed carry and open carry Holster. Shown is my Sig Sauer P320, 9 mm. semi-auto pistol.:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,544 Posts
So are you offering to make and send one to all legal CCW holders on this site? That might get expensive for you. You may have to put off your next bike buy by a few months. ;)

Reactions: Porky

·
Biker
1,629 Posts
I give her 2 thumbs up, he would not be dead or fatally shot if he wasn't such a butt-hole, and he probably would not have
gone after a guy, he felt he had to do what he did, she did what she had to do, she won. . .I don't know how he could think
she was a threat, obviously the guy had some real anger issues to work though. . .

Hard to say what one would have done in a situation like that, mace him? blow his knee caps off? Just mace him and take off,
but if he got back on the road again, no telling what he'd do to get even, she did the right thing.

·
Ace Tuner
3,557 Posts
Here's what ya need in todays messed up world. I made this from dead cow to finished product in my shop. It's a 'Clam style' concealed carry and open carry Holster. Shown is my Sig Sauer P320, 9 mm. semi-auto pistol.:grin:

So are you offering to make and send one to all legal CCW holders on this site? That might get expensive for you. You may have to put off your next bike buy by a few months. ;)
Wow Sam, that's mighty generous of you. Thank You.
I'd like a concealment belt holster (right hand) for my Super Blackhawk w/7.5" barrel. How soon can you get it here?
Thanks again,
You're the best. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
I never ride without a gun in my pocket. Period. I also try to never leave my house without a gun, even if driving one of my cars. Too many thugs and nuts in the world, and I'm too old to let myself get drawn into a fight. Smart thugs should know that an old man won't fight you, he'll just kill you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Road rage, such a pointless act, been there when I guy tried to run my friend and I off the road on our bikes years ago, my friend managed to get hold of him and a fight broke out my mate won basically when I pulled up I noticed the guy had his wife or girlfriend in the car who was screaming hysterically so I went to intervene, he speed into me and throws me over the car, when he got down the road outside the police station he ran in crying like a little girl and the police nicked my mate and let him go without listening to us.

·
American Legion Rider
26,039 Posts

Here's a question I've wondered about Sam. Is what I point to here still called a thumb break? I think it should be called something else used this way and it might be. So I ask one who should know since you made it. Rip-cord or rip-strap maybe. It just can't still be a thumb break can it?:confused:

·
On The Road Again!
4,212 Posts
I think that guy got what he deserved.
I read that he had her by the neck and was banging her head on the guardrail.
She shot him. End of story.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,143 Posts
Larry, A thumb break or retaining strap is a safety device installed on many holsters and sheaths to prevent a weapon from being unintentionally drawn. The thumb break helps to prevent an unauthorized person from drawing a pistol or knife from another person's body.

I make the strap a little longer than most just to make it easier to open.

Sam:grin:

Here are a few I've made:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts