Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking about my 01 suzuki bandit 600S. A while back I had an issue where a float must have stuck open and leaked fuel into my bottom end and cylinders. I then removed all the carbs and cleaned them. After that I could never get the bike to idle at the rated 1200 rpm it was either no idle then it would idle at 900 rpm and if I tried to adjust it the dang thing would jump up to 4000 rom on idle. So took them off again and cleaned them again. Only this time I took them completely apart (separated the carbs from each other instead of leaving them attached). Now the damn bike idles 4000 rpm not matter what I set the idle screw at. I have it back all the way out and still 4000 at idle. At least now it is consistent but I am lost on where to look to bring it back down to 1200 where it used to be.

·
American Legion Rider
20,004 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the throttle cable? Maybe it is keeping it open from when the carbs didn't work correctly and adjustments were made. Just a wild guess.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think so as I am pretty anal about putting stuff the exact way they came off bbuuuuuutttttttt it is surely worth taking a second look at.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
check the butterflys. make sure you didn't put them in backwards.
do a complete bench synch...
look under each butterfly and adjust them one at a time until you get them all opening and closing at the same time.
Make sure they close completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts