Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this chrome cap nut laying under my bike when I was going to get it ready for spring riding. Not sure where it's from. The nut is 13/16" wide

I have a 1993 Suzuki Intruder 1400GLP

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
If you can confirm that the threads are SAE. Then I don't think it could be off that bike. They have thread size checkers at Home Depot (free to use).

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
If you can confirm that the threads are SAE. Then I don't think it could be off that bike. They have thread size checkers at Home Depot (free to use).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The threads are 16 mm and 1 more thing I forgot to mention is on the bottom inside the nut is a plastic. Like it holds some grease in.

·
Ace Tuner
3,555 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum Rock,

Check the nut and hardware for the sidestand on the underside/inside.
Also the hardware for the frame type tubes that run up each side to the rear grab rails.
The threads are 16 mm and 1 more thing I forgot to mention is on the bottom inside the nut is a plastic. Like it holds some grease in.
Are you saying the nut is plastic?
If it is plastic then it is just a decorative cover of some sort.

S F

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and Welcome to the forum Rock,

Check the nut and hardware for the sidestand on the underside/inside.
Also the hardware for the frame type tubes that run up each side to the rear grab rails.

Are you saying the nut is plastic?
If it is plastic then it is just a decorative cover of some sort.

S F
No the nut is chrome steel 16mm cap nut. The plastic/gasket is on the inside where the threads end.

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
That's a big nut, and it's chrome so it's mean't to go on something that is visible. Look carefully for a big bolt end with no nut on it, something that big should be pretty obvious.

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
Some bikes have a big decortive cap like that on the front hub. But I was thinking Goldwing when I thought of it. There maybe others.

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
Is it wrong that when I looked at that the first thing I saw was a part for a flushometer?
I guess I've spent too many years in Facility Maintenance :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts