Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Very Famous Person
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--

I don't want to stay subscribed to all threads, but some I do. Some, like 3 Word Association Game, I want to be subscribed, and keep adding so, but it often drops me off even when I just answered or even when I checked the box.

--

·
Administrator
486 Posts
what kind of browser or device are you both using when browsing the site?

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
Oh oh.....can I guess? Hmm...I bet one uses Chrome and one uses Firefox. Do I win anything if correct?:D

I do however wonder if Tapatalk enters into the picture.

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
I'm using Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my iPhone.
You are actually using Safari on the phone and not Tapatalk Oz? That just blew my theory as where the problem is.

·
So long
2,739 Posts
You are actually using Safari on the phone and not Tapatalk Oz? That just blew my theory as where the problem is.
I just use the phone mostly for calls and checking emails. I don't post to forums using the phone, screen's too small and fingers too big.

·
Registered
245 Posts
On the top right of the computer page it says thread tools, click that and click subscribe. From here you can choose the subscription type (email for every update, or just 1 email, etc.). I have it off standard, but on for threads I like.

·
Very Famous Person
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the top right of the computer page it says thread tools, click that and click subscribe. From here you can choose the subscription type (email for every update, or just 1 email, etc.). I have it off standard, but on for threads I like.
--

I do that over and over.

What's a browser? I use Windows 7, MSN, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Are any of them browsers?

I can't even stay subscribed to this thread.

--

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,785 Posts
Chrome and Explorer are browsers.

Browsers are what you open to access the internet

·
Very Famous Person
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
--

But why can't I stay subscribed? I click on subscribe, have another window for add subscription, then go right to thread tools and I'm still not subscribed.

--

·
American Legion Rider
21,096 Posts
Guess my Tapatalk theory is completely dead now. Darn you Ron!

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
I've been testing this for a couple days and am not running into any issues.

Are all subscribed threads disappearing from the list? Could it be that you have too many thread subscriptions and have hit a cap?

·
So long
2,739 Posts
My subscriptions list is not blank, I have threads showing in my subscriptions list, but I don't get emails advising me of new posts.

·
Administrator
486 Posts
My subscriptions list is not blank, I have threads showing in my subscriptions list, but I don't get emails advising me of new posts.
@hotmail.com @msn.* @live.com @outlook.com emails appear to be delaying (temporarily blocking) our emails.

They do this once in a while and we're trying to clear that up right now. Can you please try adding [email protected] AND [email protected] on your safe list / address list? What happens is when people start safe-listing our email, the provider will see that our IP is legitimate. The more people doing this the better.

Please let us know if it helped.

-Marie
community support

·
Administrator
486 Posts
--

I don't want to stay subscribed to all threads, but some I do. Some, like 3 Word Association Game, I want to be subscribed, and keep adding so, but it often drops me off even when I just answered or even when I checked the box.

--
Hi there,

Can you please try unsubscribing to your threads and then readd the ones you want to keep? Let me know if that works.

T
hank you:)

-Marie
community support

·
So long
2,739 Posts
@hotmail.com @msn.* @live.com @outlook.com emails appear to be delaying (temporarily blocking) our emails.

They do this once in a while and we're trying to clear that up right now. Can you please try adding [email protected] AND [email protected] on your safe list / address list? What happens is when people start safe-listing our email, the provider will see that our IP is legitimate. The more people doing this the better.

-Marie
community support
Thanks for your response. I added both entries to my outlook safe list. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

·
So long
2,739 Posts

-Marie
community support
Thanks for your response. I added both entries to my outlook safe list. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.
Thanks Marie. My subscriptions folder listed nearly 800 threads. I deleted them all and then subscribed to 2 new threads. Email notifications are now working as they should on both my laptop and my iPhone.

Thanks,

·
Very Famous Person
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there,

Can you please try unsubscribing to your threads and then readd the ones you want to keep? Let me know if that works.

T
hank you:)

-Marie
community support
--

Marie,

That may have done it. I deleted a few subscribed ones, too.

--

1 - 19 of 19 Posts