Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHen I get an email giving me notification that a comment has been made on a thread I am following, I can click on the link to the thread and read it and reply on my I-Phone. But if I go to the Forum main page (which appears in quite a different format than it does here on my PC) nothing seems to work. I cannot open the Forum or any sub-forum. Am I missing something? I checked the App Store and did not find an App for MotorcycleForum.com. I don't have this problem on my Kindle tablet, only on my I-Phone 6. Any suggestions?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Tapa talk app.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I downloaded the Tapa Talk app on my phone and saw that it gave me access to several forums that I participate in, but I'm a bit confused by how to use it. I guess whenever I would want to go to this forum, I would first open the Tapa Talk app, but then I'm not sure how to find the general threads since it seems to only give me a choice of "trending" and some other things.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Look around the settings there is a new posts setting

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Thanks. I downloaded the Tapa Talk app on my phone and saw that it gave me access to several forums that I participate in, but I'm a bit confused by how to use it. I guess whenever I would want to go to this forum, I would first open the Tapa Talk app, but then I'm not sure how to find the general threads since it seems to only give me a choice of "trending" and some other things.
TapaTalk took me a little time to figure but comes in handy for accessing this Forum as well as several others I frequent ..

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,903 Posts
Just to show can use it .. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Yep vito, Critter has it right. You need to go to setup and add the areas you want to see. The phone is a whole nuther computer so you have to set it up just like you did with your laptop or desktop computer. Complete with Login, signature and whether you want emoticans and pictures and stuff like that. Have fun!:D

·
Motorbike Macgyver
379 Posts
I'm not sure, but it could be the browser you are using. Try using a browser that has the option to change the user agent to desktop, or one that at least allows you to request the desktop site. Chrome has this option in Android, but not sure about iPhone. I use opera on my Android phone, but it looks like only opera mini is available for iPhone, which does not allow you to change the user agent. Dolphin is another browser I have used that allows you to switch the user agent to desktop, and it is available for iPhone, but I can't say if it allows desktop mode on the iPhone. You would need to download it and check through the settings. But in this day and age, I am sure there is a desktop browser for iPhone. Ah, a little more googling reveals that dolphin for iPhone does indeed have desktop mode. I favor using my browser over forum apps because with the way I browse, I already need a browser with desktop mode anyway, so the forum app would just eat up extra storage space on my phone. With desktop mode, most pages display exactly as they would on a PC. And any that don't, its the website not the browser. A few websites are designed to block mobile browsers from viewing the pc version, even with desktop mode. I honestly cannot see any reason for this, but it happens. However, not on this forum, I can tell you that much.

G

·
I go to full version not using the mobile app. If you look threw the app, there is a option to go to full version.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the advice. I will try to find and download Dolphin and see if I can get that to do what I need. My goal is to have it appear on my Iphone the same as it does on my PC. I don't know the browser is on the Kindle, but that shows forums and other websites just as they appear on my PC.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
I've not had good luck getting a forum on a phone simply because you have to expand it so much just to sign in and then moving around to see a post is a real pain. Tap-a-Talk at least you can see everything without moving around just seems better to me. But if insist and you have a iPhone you can bring it up using Safari. It's just a royal pain though.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used Safari and was only able to bring up the front page of the Forum. Then nothing on the screen responded to touch commands. That's when I started this thread. I'm learning to use the format on Tapa Talk and I guess that will do when I am on my phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts