Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I’m not a biker, but I just found this exhaust lying on the side of the road and was wondering what it’s from and if it’s worth anything and if I could sell it on Craigslist or something.
Could someone please help??
Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's a very expensive piece. I don't see how someone could have it fall off their bike without noticing the change in the sound. You're not going to have much success selling it if you don't know what it fits, and that is going to be hard to determine. I would suggest making a sign and posting it at the spot where you found the exhaust. Maybe the owner will tip you for returning it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Why not contact the manufacturer (Google search it)? If not visually, perhaps with a numerical stamp on the exhaust they can identify for which bike is it.

It's a very well known and expensive brand in the motorcycle aftermarket exhaust market. I don't know the worth, probably in the multiple hundreds still (as long as no significant damage). Need to find out for what model bike it is. Pretty good find, lol.

I doubt the rider will be able to find it again as I've lost things like this and I looked for a while by the road but after so much searching and no finding there's no point in looking any more and just accept the loss and move on.

Even if you can't find the model (which I doubt 'cos I think the manufacturer will be able to find out) you could probably put it online as is and someone may recognised it. Check prices for similar items and you will see it's probably worth a few hundred bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts