Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i was riding yesterday i just had the bike up and running. lights are working fine..few hours later my headlight burned out im pretty sure its been on there for about 30ish years now. but i don't want to replace the D**** thing if there is another option. my bike is a honda cb400t hawk, i was wondering if there are any headlights that are compatible that fit the fairing mount where i can just replace the bulb. this would help me out a ton. thanks!.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Depends.

If your headlight is one of the standard sizes....yep, your good to go.

You buy a replacement headlight that accepts a standard H4 halogen bulb....works slick.

Such as this....

Ive used them before.....my advice - make sure you get one with a glass face. Ive had plastic ones crack from the heat.....and it happen pretty quick. Still worked......just looked like hell.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
One thing to check is the power rating of your sealed beam, and whether your charging system can support the H4 power needs. For example, the common H4 is 55/60W, and the charging system in my '70 CB450 can barely support the 25/35W sealed beam it came with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my power rating is a 50/35w for the bulb. should i be able to use the head light in the link above this one. and will it work with this rating?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess the other question is can i go to any motorcycle parts store and just buy a new head light and put it on the bike?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts