Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ridden one of these and whats the attraction. I would like to ride one, but don't have any desire to have one. To me it just plane wrong and looks scary.

Maybe I'm just an out of date old fart.

·
Nightfly
3,715 Posts
Anybody ridden one of these and whats the attraction. I would like to ride one, but don't have any desire to have one. To me it just plane wrong and looks scary.

Maybe I'm just an out of date old fart.
Looks like my old jet ski, only with wheels...

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Anybody ridden one of these and whats the attraction.
They're actually somewhat popular here in Florida with the Q-tip crowd. My neighbors, who are close to 80 years old, gave up riding several years ago because they couldn't handle a full sized bike anymore. When I moved in they said they could see us on the bikes all the time and really started having the urge to get out and ride again, but knew they couldn't handle a bike safely. Then they discovered the Spyder, bought one, and are now tickled pink to be out on it. I see them drive by and wave about every day as they go for a 20-30 minute ride. All bundled up warmly with full gear, helmet intercoms, and smiles on their faces. Just about as cute looking as two baby bunnies could ever hope to be. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I'l bet there a lot of fun to ride, and I think I'm starting to like it a little. It does Look like a weapon from one of the Terminator movies tho.

·
It hurts when I pee
1,058 Posts
Real motorcyclists wouldn't be caught dead on one of those.................. They are not a real bike:biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
18,538 Posts
Now that he's going to be driving a car he can admit it Eye. That's all.:D

·
6,489 Posts
The Spyder is just another alternative for folks who fear falling over on their heavy bikes at a stop or losing it in a turn due to sand, pea gravel or oil etc. As we age, in many instances our confidence leaves us, or at least the confidence we once had.

Isn't the idea of riding about being out in the wind?

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the Spyder owners also have other motorcycles in the garage so that they can keep their patch that says: "Real motorcycle rider."

The brand new 3 cylinder Spyder is a paradigm shift away from the older troublesome, V-twin one and better in every way.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/brp/2015-can-spyder-f3-review.html

I ride a 2012 Goldwing and it does seem to be getting heavier recently!

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I think they are kind of cool looking, but l have to say, it bothers me that if there is something in the road, you are probably going to hit it. Miss with the front wheels, bam with the back

·
Registered
619 Posts
I always thought the Spyder looked pretty nifty. I think the attraction would be three points of contact, which makes it far less likely you'll fall over. The trunk in the front is a nice plus too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts