Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll also add that my years of professional experience of dealing with the CARB was far less then satisfactory. Not sure if there's a worse CA agency (could be wrong tho).

·
Registered
88 Posts
No they are as bad as it gets they set the standards for all states emission standards just mildly adjusted for demographic region. (high altitude sea level ect) They just keep squeezing it tighter and tighter. Wait for the day they try and outlaw fossil fuel

·
American Legion Rider
25,606 Posts
So are they outlawing competition bikes all together then?

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,375 Posts
So are they outlawing competition bikes all together then?
Yes and no, they are using the emisions testing to issue you a sticker "color" to determine the locations you are allowed to ride.

So if your caught by a cop riding a bike with a red sticker on the road, it will be a ticket, and or a impound.

from the site @Porky supplied.

"Now, California residents will have fewer options to choose from. If you are unsure about your own California dirt bike, take a look at the VIN.
From CA.gov, “Vehicles not certified to meet ARB standards are required to indicate a “3” or a “C” in the eighth position of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).”

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The CA Gov won the recall election and will remain in office and things will get worse! Retribution will reign.
Sam:(

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,375 Posts
Are we really suprised, we all knew the outcome.. it was mail in votes :LOL:

I mean they have a Donkey as thier party mascot... we all know what a donkey has meaning of being :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Old news, California banned 2-stroke engines from use on park lands years ago. That's why they hold closed course Trial competitions at Donner Ski Ranch and not just anywhere in the park.

Next puzzle;

They have the Ducati emitting .11 g/mi of Hydro Carbons
the KTM 450XC-W emitting .64 g/mi HC
Then they say CARB RV2013 emissions factor is 34.2 g/mi HC which I have no idea wtf that means
... and None of those vehicles have a 2-stroke engine :unsure: what idiot wrote that thing.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
If the suggestion is that my new 2021 2-stroke competition motorcycle emits 53 times the hydro carbons as a KTM 450 XC-W, 311 times as much as a XDiavel and 3,658 times as much as a 2016 passenger car I call BS on those stats, they need to quit promoting ancient numbers and get real, I can ride one mile on a very tiny amount of race fuel and 100:1 2-stroke oil, they are making stuff up to suit their case against 2-strokes.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, that chart is full of BS.:poop:

Why didn't they put Al Gores and Nancy Pelosis 747's on there to compare??(n)

Sam 😁

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,375 Posts
If the suggestion is that my new 2021 2-stroke competition motorcycle emits 53 times the hydro carbons as a KTM 450 XC-W, 311 times as much as a XDiavel and 3,658 times as much as a 2016 passenger car I call BS on those stats, they need to quit promoting ancient numbers and get real, I can ride one mile on a very tiny amount of race fuel and 100:1 2-stroke oil, they are making stuff up to suit their case against 2-strokes.

Yep thats what they are trying to say...

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,375 Posts
Yep, you cant compare two different animals together and offer statistics.. its mechanically impossible based on the way they function and the use of the fuels.

(y)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Yep, you cant compare two different animals together and offer statistics.. its mechanically impossible based on the way they function and the use of the fuels.

(y)
Freakin idiots think a 2016 passenger car can go 3,658 miles and not burn any oil,
maybe if you launch it into outer space that could happen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts