Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
S Rank
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing 90mph on a forest road with no shoulders when some idiot in the opposing lane decided to pass up a blind hill. I had to ride my CBR500R into the dirt at about 60 mph in the dark. Luckily I narrowly got around him and never lost control of my bike. NJ has many roads improperly labeled as passing zones particularly up blind hills so be careful out their guys. ALSO don't be an idiot yourself and pass in these zones endangering yourself. Always make sure you can see opposing traffic.

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
--

I've had a cage come at me when passing wrongly, too. I was able to swerve to the paved strip of shoulder and no harm done. Fortunately I'm in the habit of always being in the right hand track as I crest any hill that is blind beyond and be especially alert near the crest. I think, good habit.

--

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Was doing 90mph on a forest road with no shoulders when some idiot in the opposing lane decided to pass up a blind hill. I had to ride my CBR500R into the dirt at about 60 mph in the dark. Luckily I narrowly got around him and never lost control of my bike. NJ has many roads improperly labeled as passing zones particularly up blind hills so be careful out their guys. ALSO don't be an idiot yourself and pass in these zones endangering yourself. Always make sure you can see opposing traffic.
Hold your horses. At 90mph on a forest road at night, wouldn't that be 2 idiots playing chicken? Just wondering.
:devil::surprise::wink2::grin:

·
S Rank
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i admit a partial responsibility. however at any speed the danger was there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts