Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1964 CA200 five years ago and use it now and then. It’s fairly easy to start cold but after it warms up it’s very reluctant to start. The exhaust pipe that runs from the head to the muffler has rusted and is now not long enough to reach the muffler (short straight pipe). I can’t find a replacement pipe. Does anyone know where to find the pipe or if one from another bike will fit (With or without modifications)?

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
Wow! Good luck with that. I believe that they only
made that model for 3 or 4 years.
A white '64 CA200 was my first bike when I was eighteen.
That was a loooong time ago.
How about posting a picture when you can.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
Years of rebuilding older bikes has really opened your eyes to what is available and where, Riz. Thank you for sharing some of those sources.

Reactions: Rizingson

·
On The Road Again!
4,352 Posts
Yep! That's it alright. Like I said, mine was white.
I believe they were available in four colors, white, black, red and dark blue.
I remember mine being rather cold blooded. After starting it, I had to let it sit and idle with the choke on for a good five minutes before I could ride away.
Never had any trouble starting it when warm.
Yours looks to be in VERY good condition considering that it's 56 years old!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This might be available, also one listed at www.ohiocycle.com
Thanks. The pipe has been ordered. I’m going to stick with the original muffler for now, the patina matches the rest of the bike. A new muffler would mean: new bolts, new cases, a recovered seat, new cables.... I want the bike mechanically sound not showroom new. I’ll probably be looking for more advice in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts