Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am a new rider from Atlanta. Did my BRC training last weeked and got my license the moment the DDS (/DMV) opened up on tuesday. Did my training at MSF in Alpharetta. Paula and Sherrie were my instructor and they were just Awesome

I have read couple of previous post and the support you guys give are awesome. Thanks in advance.

I hope y'all could give me some inputs in selecting a used bike and as well about ads that I come across on craigslist

Looking to Ride N Rolll

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

Following are some general description of what I am looking for in a bike and the bikes I have come across through reading other post

Needs in a Bike
1. Comfort-I prefer upright position I am fine with a little bend
2. Commute and good gas mileage - Commute is 5 Miles to work city riding. I do intend on going rides on the weekend
3. Price within $2000-$2500- Cheaper the better
4. Low Cost for Maintaining the Bike

Since its my first Bike I am all looking at 400-600cc. I did however ride a VFR800 in a parking lot. It was comfortable the more I rode it. But I am most likely gonna work my way upto it.

Bikes
Honda: VFR/Shadow(may be)/CBR
Kawasaki: Ninja 500
Suzuki: GS500/Bandit
Yamaha: FZ6 /R1/R6

I am open to suggestion

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Following were Couple of bikes I came across on Craigslist with couple of questions I had

[My knowledge in bikes are limited...I hope to get it upto par while I am done with his process]

1. Suzuki GS500 FK5 2005 - $2700 (KBB: Trade in $1435 / Retail 2150)
-Carburetor rebuilt (is it good thing), new battery installed in spring, 6926 miles, weather cover
Notes: The price is too high....Might have to haggle him down to something reasonable

2. 2005 yamaha fz6 - $2600 (KBB $2120/$3120)
-New Tires front/rear...new chain... 36000 miles..light scratches on frame
Q: Should I be worried about the mileage? What would be a reasonable price to pay for it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.