Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody I'm Gary nice to meet you. I've been driving for more than 11 years now and i know that i should be knowledgeable by no but the fact is I'm not. I've been driving a selection of motorbikes including underbones like Yamaha Sniper MX, Honda TMX, Honda XRM and Yamaha Nouvo Z. all of them are between 100-160 cc . now my question is I'm going to buy my first motorbike soon, maybe around 4 months from now what motorcycle would be appropriate for me something over 400cc would be preferable. also i don't know how to maintain a motorcycle properly i just know how to ride it in any situation imaginable. i know you would say that i already driven many bikes but i didn't own them, my dad was the one who always took care of them and i was too stupid to even learn then. sue me i was 12 at the time. oh and i'll commute alot with the bike more than 100miles a day rain or shine so what bike should i get.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gary.

The first thing l would do if you haven't already, is take the BRC. You will learn a lot, and from that can get a better idea of what you want to do, what type of bike you want. Do you see yourself on a cruiser down the road? Then l would suggest a Suzuki Savage. A sport bike? Then l would suggest an EX500. Do you like the dirt? Maybe a dual sport, or an adventure bike. Oh wait...are you tall or short? If you aren't very tall then an adventure bike or a dual sport isn't a great choice. Even sport bikes can be too tall. I just sold a sport bike to a young rider, he was about 5'7" and will need to lower the bike.

So l would make a list of things you want, what you would like to do, and maybe skills that you would like to acquire, and then let us know what those things are, as well as your height, so we might be better able to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts