Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm looking for my first bike and was wondering which one would be better as a first bike, or if there are any better alternatives to the two?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Welcome from Seattle! I always advocate for a used Ninja 250 for a first bike, or a used 250 rebel for shorter riders. You can get either for under $2000 and it won't sting as much when you drop it. Because they are often sought after as good starters, you won't have any trouble selling it a year or two down the road when you are ready to upgrade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick response. I've saved up enough money and found the two bikes I mentioned, used, and in decent condition. That said, would you still recommend not getting either of those?

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,404 Posts
Really either are fine. Pick the one you feel fits you the best and if that's a draw go for the one you're most drawn to.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Thanks for your quick response. I've saved up enough money and found the two bikes I mentioned, used, and in decent condition. That said, would you still recommend not getting either of those?
I think either are probably fine for a first bike. Just know that you are likely going to drop whatever you buy a time or two, so in a year or two you will want a new bike anyway. What kind of price range are the bikes you found?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your smart in starting off on a smaller bike, as one biker stated, its less costly when you drop it, and you probably will. Its part of the learning curve. I'm 67, been riding since 1964. When i started, i dropped the bike a few times, now i can't recall the last time I dropped one.
I seen to many inexperienced bikers get killed cause they got a bike that they couldn't handle. Power is a nice thing to have, it you know how to use it. It call also kill you faster then you can ****.
Happy Trails
dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts