Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Gonna get my first bike soon. I'm set on getting a ninja 250 as a beginner bike and I found this one on craigslist for a good price. I will try and bring the seller down to around $2600. I'm concerned that this bike has extremely low miles. It's a 2008 ninja 250r with 970 miles. Is this something to be concerned about? I'm wondering if there could be any major problems with it sitting in the garage for extended periods of time. I'm moving to Jersey in a few weeks so I'm just scoping out bikes in the area.

Here's the ad: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/5116904619.html

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I dont know. A 7 year old bike with less than 1000 miles on it, being sold by a guy who dropped the bike, but wants to upgrade to an R6? Something seems wrong with that story.

·
Motorbike Macgyver
348 Posts
I was thinking the same. Only ridden 1-2 times per month, all highway and all of a sudden after 7 years he wants to upgrade, seems very strange. I would ask if you can take it for a test ride.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
If it runs well, it has been properly stored most likely. My guess is that it still has original tires, which may need to get changed being that old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts