Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a 1983 Ventura 1200 with a problem with the transmission. They got the bike not knowing it was stuck in first gear. I am on my way to look at it now. 32000m great looking bike. Can I get parts for?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
Red, we can't link other forums here, BUT if you were to do a search on "Royal Star" you will find a forum dedicated to the Ventura both type I and II. There are some on that forum that know the bike inside and out.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lil red!

The Venture was a fairly popular bike, so parts should be available, but perhaps in the form of an entire replacement engine. I'd search that out carefully before buying if my intent was to restore. Of course, if the bike is cheap enough, you could make money and even have some fun taking it the other direction, breaking it down for parts.

A Honda Gold Wing is a safer bet, those sold in bigger numbers and 80s bikes can be found around here for less than $1500.

Hey Mymo, your signature gadget, or a similar one, can be found on Ebay for less than half the price. EU Moto flipper license plate revolving motorcycle HQ reg number rotate flipping | eBay
Have you tested this gadget? How about posting a review?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts