Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is an 06 with 9000 miles. Has salvaged title from a wreck. Asking price is $1500 but I'm sure i could that down at least a little. Repairs have already been made on the bike. Nothing would have to be done to pass inspection but don't know if I could get the proper paper work for the repairs. Worse case scenario I was thinking i could part the bike out if it where to not work out. Want to replace my 05 yzf600r with a better fuel injected bike, if I where to get the rebuilt title on the cbr insurance wouldn't be an issue because my yzf600r already has rebuilt title. So really I want to know what getting the rebuilt title would entail/how much is the bikes worth in parts if I use craigslist/ebay? Labor involved in parting it out(not to big of a deal i wouldn't mind the experience involved in taking the bike apart and I have a plaace to do it. Also considering swapping the bike onto a clean titled frame.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I think if you could get that number down closer to $1000-$1200 it would be a steal, ASSUMING it is as advertised, in great running condition, with all repairs done PROPERLY, clean paint and body parts, etc. If someone just slapped it back together and made it rideable, then you have a different story.

One thing I have always told myself, though, is that I will buy a salvage titled vehicle when I am positive that it is something I won't ever plan to sell. They can be really hard to move. Most people just won't deal with them period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts